It officially feels like Spring out and what better for dinner than a Lemony, Fresh, Bright Pasta? When the days are longer and the weather is warmer, all I want to do is eat all the vibrant foods Spring has to offer. One dish I love making for our family is this gorgeous and simple Tagliatelle with Lemon & Peas.
It’s ready in mere minutes, doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or equipment, kiddos love it, grown-ups love it, it’s a real Spring Win-Win!
This Pasta is:
- Requires very few ingredients
- Family Friendly
- Easy to make
- 1 1b. tagaliatelle, fresh or packaged
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 tab butter
- 2 tab extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions (I use fresh which takes 3 minutes).
- Three minutes before pasta is done add peas. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water. Drain and toss pasta and peas in a pan over medium heat with reserved water, butter, evoo, lemon juice and parmesan cheese, until coated well and combined.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of ground black pepper, if desired.