In this version I’ve created here, I use honey and soy to add a sweet touch to the broccoli and boneless, skinless chicken thighs to keep the dish moist and full of flavor.
Every family is different, but what works for us is 1-meal for the whole family with small tweaks to make everyone happy. For a dish like this, I serve the chicken & broccoli over Brown Rice for the girls – and over Cauliflower Rice topped with Scallions and Crushed Red Pepper for us. You could also add carrots, red peppers, use shrimp or chicken breasts, whatever works for you and your family. Enjoy!
This Recipe Is:
- Fiber and Protein-Filled
- Easily Prepared
- Great for Toddlers
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (tamari if gluten-free)
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Brown Rice or Cauliflower Rice for serving
- Optional, crushed red pepper flakes, scallions
- Steam broccoli on stovetop until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, sesame seeds, and soy sauce; set aside. Season chicken with a sprinkle of salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken; cook, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked throughout, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining tablespoon of oil and chicken. Return all the chicken and the broccoli to the skillet; add the soy-honey mixture and toss to coat. Cook an additional few minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve the sesame chicken & broccoli over cooked brown rice/cauliflower rice. Drizzle with toasted sesame oil. Garnish with additional sesame seeds, scallions, or crushed red pepper, if you'd like.