Healthy, Colorful Berry Oatmeal Goodness, what every chilly morning needs to fill and warm the belly! This oatmeal is perfect for both kiddos and grown-ups any morning of the week. It’s quick cooking whole oats ready in less than 5 minutes, topped with all the healthy goodness you can get away with sprinkling in. I love to top ours with things I know the girls love and things I know are really good for them. Thankfully, they love berries – and the hemp hearts and chia seeds I add don’t change the flavor much, but add a huge protein and antioxidant punch. The goji berries are a work in progress. Some days they like them, some days they don’t. But I love those little superfoods so they always make their way in even if they’re not always eaten. It’s all about the process and oatmeal is a great canvas to experiment with. Enjoy!
This Oatmeal is:
- Quick cooking
- Grown-up friendly
- Rich in antioxidants
- 1 cup quick cooking whole oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toppings: Blueberries, Raspberries, Goji Berries, Hemp Hearts, Chia Seeds
- In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in oats, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Top with berries and seeds and enjoy!