Homemade granola is a household favorite of ours. We are always coming up with new and different versions….our latest concoction is grain-free and I am in love. Girls were hesitant at first, but then I sprinkled it on some yogurt and they were sold. We also love it as a cereal and mixed with fresh fruit. You could even top vanilla ice cream with it and I guarantee there would be zero complaints.
Our grain-free granola is loaded with protein, healthy fats and omega-3’s, more importantly, it’s NOT loaded with sugar! In fact, you won’t find any sugar added. It’s naturally sweet, as well as nutty, crunchy, and oh so good!
This recipe is:
- Adaptable to taste/preference
- Easy to make
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups raw cashews, crushed
- 2 cups slivered raw almonds
- 2 tab chia seeds
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tab melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut, cashews, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt. Add coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture onto a large baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes on center rack in oven, tossing occasionally.
- Add raisins and sunflower seeds and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.