Be still my BEET-ing heart. That pretty much sums up how I feel about this dip. I could eat it all day, every day. But this isn’t about me, it’s about my girls. And well, I think they’d tell you the same thing. Their love affair with this savory, sweet, delicious dip began with the stunning pink color. They were literally tickled pink over it. But one bite in, it was the flavor that sold them. Yay for me, because this dip is basically just a big ol’ bowl of beets. With every dip they are getting loads of Vitamin C, fiber, and minerals like magnesium, iron and potassium. With only 3 ingredients, it’s also as easy to make as it is pretty. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 4 medium size cooked* beets, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup plain cream cheese (I use full-fat)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Optional, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked beets in a food processor with cream cheese and vinegar. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if using. Serve with your favorite crackers, baguette, or cut up veggies.