I just returned from a few days away from home. Sitting there on my counter were a few avocados and bananas that were on their last leg, begging me to make something delicious with them. Immediately I thought to make this chocolate-avocado pudding. It’s rich, creamy, sweet, fudgey and super yummy. Plus, it’s filled with healthy fats, potassium, fiber, magnesium, and antioxidants galore! It is easily one of the healthiest bowls of pudding you’ll ever have. And you should’ve seen my girls face when I told them they could have some chocolate pudding with breakfast.
Naturally sweetened with bananas and pure maple syrup, you can tweak it to your own liking. If you like it sweeter, add more syrup. If you like it richer, add more cacao. That’s the beauty of this recipe; it’s adaptable to any taste or preference. And don’t forget to add a dollop of whipped cream, coconut cream, or even greek yogurt (shown here). The pudding is very rich and the cream cuts the decadence in the yummiest way. Berries or bananas are great on top as well!
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 2 bananas, peeled
- ¼ - ½ cup pure cacao powder, depending on preference (you can also use cocoa powder)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (honey or agave work well too)
- ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy, almond, coconut, hemp)
- Topping of choice - whipped cream, coconut cream, greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until creamy and smooth. Adjust cocoa and sweetener to your liking and add a pinch more milk if you like it a bit thinner. You can serve immediately or chill (covered with saran) until ready to serve - no longer than 24 hours.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream or yogurt.