Beets probably aren’t the first thing you think of when making a smoothie. But they may be now once you try them mixed into this fruity and flavorful concoction. Earthy and rich, they mix perfectly with the sweet combination of berries and coconut water. Plus, they add the most beautiful & bright magenta color. If your little one doesn’t already know the flavor of beets, this candy-like delicious drink could be the perfect Valentine’s morning treat.
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Great for breakfast or snack-time
- Perfect for babies, toddlers and kids
- Vitamin packed
- Loaded with antioxidants and electrolytes
- Fun for all ages
- ½ cup peeled and chopped cooked beets (about 1 medium beet)
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 large handful of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 60 seconds.
* To peel beets, use disposable gloves or put your hands into ziploc bags. This will save you days of pink hands. Otherwise, save yourself the trouble and buy already cooked and peeled beets, such as these Love ones (how appropriately named given tomorrow ❤️)