I’m not even sure I need to write anything about this recipe other than, it’s delicious. Period. Plain and simple. Then again, I’m a sucker for the taste of fresh summer corn and could barely keep myself from eating all of Audrey’s lunch. Fresh, clean, and straightforward, this puree has it all.
Fresh Corn Puree with Avocado
9 months + up
Makes 1.5 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked and sliced right off the cob
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add corn and stir for a minute. Add milk, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and puree corn mixture in a blender or food processor, until desired consistency. It will be thick and chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, mash avocado and lemon juice with a fork. Serve corn puree with a dollop of avocado mash on top.
* If you would like the puree thinner, add a pinch more milk. If you would like it smoother, pass it through a fine mesh strainer or sieve before serving.
** For you? Thin with more milk and a bit of water until a souplike consistency. Add more salt, pepper and drizzle with red chile oil before serving.